Welcome to APHA Mentor Match!
APHA Mentor Match program reflects our commitment to you and your professional development. This unique online networking and career development tool, helps you find, connect, and share experiences with others. Your mentor or mentee can be in the same city or on the other side of the world.
Mentor Match is a members-only benefit. Not a member? Join today.
You can apply to our APHA Mentor Match program in four simple steps:
Step 1: Create / Complete Your Profile
Complete your APHA profile. Make sure your contact information is up to date, add a recent professional profile picture, expand on your bio and education and job history. Having a complete and accurate profile is crucial to the success of selection and matching. Profile complete? Return back to this page and move on to step 2.
Step 2: Enroll
Are you looking to be a mentor or mentee? Perhaps both? Sign up:
Make selections for each of the program demographics to set your preferences. Demographics include: topics, venue, specialties, career stage and start/end date. Please note that "ALL" fields are required for enrollment. Keep in mind in order to request a mentor or mentee, you must be enrolled in the program.
Prospective Mentees: APHA is launching mentee engagement component once a formative mentor group has been established; expected launch date early 2023.
Step 3: Search
Use the Mentor Program Directory to input your search criteria. Start by selecting the topic(s) of interest which include:
- Geographic Location
- Field of Interest
- Career/Member Stage
To be able to search by location, you must add your city, state, AND country to your myAPHA profile. Access your profile now to ensure country is selected.
You can also take advantage of features to help you find and recruit matches:
- Track your mentoring relationships
- Participate in discussion forums on mentoring topics
- Search for helpful mentoring resources
Step 4: Connect
Congratulations! You're all set. You completed steps 1-3 and are now ready for the fun stuff. Let the mentoring begin. Do one search or multiple searches. If you're unsure of the search criteria, select "Search for ALL of the selected values." The Mentor Program Directory will do the work for you and populate the results.
- Access the Mentor Directory.
- Select the member's name that you're interested in establishing a mentor/mentee connection with. The link will bring you to their profile page.
- Look around. If you think it's a desired match, look under their profile image for the Mentor Match badge, which when clicked will allow you to request a connection. If it's not a desired match, you can simply select the back button to return to your previous search results.
Also, don't forget to view our Mentor Match FAQs!