Become a Mentor
Thanks for serving your fellow APHA members by enrolling as a Mentor!
Please review the instructions, the Terms and Conditions, and the Getting Started Checklist for Mentors page.
Here are the steps to successfully complete your Mentor Match enrollment:
- Make selections for each of the demographics below to set your preferences. Please note that some fields are required for Mentor enrollment. The more information you provide, the easier it will be for Mentees to find their best Mentor match.
- Please select between 1 and 3 Mentees in the Maximum Mentees box. If you leave the section as 0, you are stating you can accept an unlimited number of Mentees.
- Complete your APHA LEAD member profile (which is populated with some of your membership information) so that potential Mentees can learn more about you.
- Once you've completed your Mentor Profile, you may begin to receive requests from mentees in your LEAD inbox.
- Once you've accepted a request, you may begin communicating with your mentee to begin your engagement.
- Go to the mentoring relationships page to send your mentee a message. Select the "send message" button that is located beneath the profile picture.
Important! For mentees to be able to search for you by location, you must add your city, state, AND country to your my APHA profile. Access your profile now to ensure country is selected.
Be sure to add a photo, include information in your bio and details of your job history.
*Unless otherwise stated, all fields on this enrollment form are required.